Linear and Nonlinear Optical Constants of Potassium Acid Phthalate crystal
AbstractSingle crystals of potassium hydrogen phthalate (KAP) are grown by solution growth technique. Linear optical constants are evaluated from UV/VIS/NIR spectrum. The Z scan technique is used to elucidate the third order nonlinearity in the material. The results indicate that the compound exhibits reverse saturable absorption (RSA) and self-defocusing performance. The second harmonic generation (SHG) efficiency of the crystal evaluated by Kurtz and Perry technique is compared with that of the standard KDP crystal. Attempt is made to correlate the SHG efficiency with the crystalline perfection in the material.
Full Text: PDF
- Miniewicz.A, Barkiewics.S, "On the electro‐optic properties of single crystals of sodium, potassium and rubidium acid phthalates", Adv.Mat.Opt.Elect,2,157(1993). CrossRef
- Comeretto.D, Rosy.L, "Optical properties of potassium acid phthalate", J.Mat.Res, 12, 1262(1997). CrossRef
- Krajewski.T, Breczewski.T, "Dielectric and pyroelectric properties of TGS crystals doped with nitroaniline molecules", Ferroelectrics, 25, 547 (1980). CrossRef
- N. Kejalakshmy, K. Srinivasan, "Growth, optical and electro-optical characterisations of potassium hydrogen phthalate crystals doped with Fe3+ and Cr3+ ions", Opt. Mater. 27,389–394A, (2004).  CrossRef
- Ester. G.R, Price.R, Halfpenny. P.J, "An atomic force microscopic investigation of surface degradation of potassium hydrogen phthalate (KAP) crystals caused by removal from solution", J.Cryst.Growth, 182, 95(1998). CrossRef
- Hiroyuki Toda, Carl M. Verber "Simple technique to reveal a slow nonlinear mechanism in a z-scanlike n2 measurement", Opt. Lett. 17(19) 1379(1992). CrossRef
- K.J. Arun, S.Jayalekshmi, "Investigations on the nonlinear optical properties of glycinium oxalate single crystals", Optoelectron. Lett. 7(2), 136, (2011). CrossRef
- K.J.Arun, S.Jayalekshmi, "Third order nonlinear optical constants of L-alaninium oxalate", Phot. Lett. Poland 7(3), 81-83 (2015) CrossRef
How to Cite
A. K. Joseph and S. Jayalekshmi, “Linear and Nonlinear Optical Constants of Potassium Acid Phthalate crystal”, Photonics Lett. Pol., vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 97–99, Oct. 2018.