Improved playback uniformity of random-phase free holograms by pixel separation method
Keywords:holography, diffraction, pixel, display
AbstractRandom-phase free computer-generated holograms offer excellent quality of virtually noise-free playback of low-frequency images, but have limited efficiency in the case of highly contrast binary images with dominant high spatial frequencies. Introduction of weak random phase allows the partial suppression of this problem, but causes strong noise in the outcome. Here we present the influence of pixel separation technique on the uniformity of far field reconstructions from such random-phase free holograms. We show the improved image quality with no additional speckle noise.
Full Text: PDF
- J.W. Goodman, Roberts and Company (2005). DirectLink
- R.W. Gerchberg, W.O. Saxton, "A practical algorithm for the determination of phase from image and diffraction plane pictures", Optik 35, 237 (1972). DirectLink
- M. Makowski, "Minimized speckle noise in lens-less holographic projection by pixel separation", Opt. Express 21, 29205 (2013). CrossRef
- I. Ducin, T. Shimobaba, M. Makowski, K. Kakarenko, A. Kowalczyk, Jaroslaw Suszek, M. Bieda, A. Kolodziejczyk, M. Sypek, "Holographic projection of images with step-less zoom and noise suppression by pixel separation", Opt. Comm. 340, 131 (2015). CrossRef
- T. Shimobaba, T. Ito, "Random phase-free computer-generated hologram", Opt. Express 23, 9549 (2015). CrossRef
- T. Shimobaba, T. Kakue, Y. Endo, R. Hirayama, D. Hiyama, S. Hasegawa, Y. Nagahama, M. Sano, M. Oikawa, T. Sugie, T. Ito, "Random phase-free kinoform for large objects", Opt. Express 23, 17269 (2015). CrossRef
- M. Sypek, "Light propagation in the Fresnel region. New numerical approach", Opt. Comm. 116, 43 (1995). CrossRef
- K. Matsushima, T. Shimobaba, "Band-Limited Angular Spectrum Method for Numerical Simulation of Free-Space Propagation in Far and Near Fields", Opt. Express 17, 19662 (2009). CrossRef
How to Cite
M. Makowski and T. Shimobaba, “Improved playback uniformity of random-phase free holograms by pixel separation method”, Photon.Lett.PL, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 82–84, Dec. 2021.