Effect of temperature change on refractive index of an egg white and yolk: a preliminary study
Keywords:refractive index, fabry-perot interferometer, eggs
AbstractIn this article, the refractive index of an egg white and yolk depending on temperature in range 30 - 47 °C over 1550 nm was determined. The measurement head was constructed as fiber optic Fabry-Perot interferometer with interference between polished fiber end-face and aluminum weighing dish. The measurement setup has been made of an optical spectrum analyzer, a superluminescent diode with a central wevelength of 1550 nm, 2:1 fiber coupler and heat plate.
Full Text: PDF
- P. Magdelaine, "Egg and egg product production and consumption in Europe and the rest of the world, Improving the Safety and Quality of Eggs and Egg Products", Egg Chemistry, Production and Consumption, 3 (2011). CrossRef
- H. Kuang, F. Yang, Y. Zhang, T. Wang, and G. Chen, "The Impact of Egg Nutrient Composition and Its Consumption on Cholesterol Homeostasis", Cholesterol (2018). CrossRef
- J. Gienger, K. Smuda, R. Müller, M. Bär, and J. Neukammer, "Refractive index of human red blood cells between 290 nm and 1100 nm determined by optical extinction measurements", Sci. Rep. 9, 1 (2019). CrossRef
- P. Listewnik, M. Hirsch, P. Struk, M. Weber, M. Bechelany, and M. Jędrzejewska-Szczerska, "Preparation and Characterization of Microsphere ZnO ALD Coating Dedicated for the Fiber-Optic Refractive Index Sensor", Nanomaterials 9, 2 (2019) CrossRef
- Y. Wu, Y. Zhang, J. Wu, and P. Yuan, "Fiber-Optic Hybrid Structured Fabry-Perot Interferometer Based On Large Lateral Offset Splicing for Simultaneous Measurement of Strain and Temperature", J. Lightwave Technol., 35, 19 (2017). CrossRef
- M. Islam, M. Mahmood, M Lai, K. Lim, and H. Ahmad, "Chronology of Fabry-Perot Interferometer Fiber-Optic Sensors and Their Applications: A Review", Sensors 14, 4 (2014). CrossRef
- K. Karpienko, M. Wróbel, and M. Jędrzejewska-Szczerska, "Determination of refractive index dispersion using fiber-optic low coherence Fabry-Perot interferometer: implementation and validation", Opt. Eng. 53, 7 (2014). CrossRef
- M. Kosowska, D. Majchrowicz, K. Sankaran, M. Ficek, K. Haenen, and M. Szczerska, "Doped Nanocrystalline Diamond Films as Reflective Layers for Fiber-Optic Sensors of Refractive Index of Liquids", Materials 12, 13 (2019). CrossRef
- G. Xiao, A. Adnet, Z. Zhang, F. Sun, and C. Grover, "Monitoring changes in the refractive index of gases by means of a fiber optic Fabry-Perot interferometer sensor", Sensors and Actuators 118, 2 (2005). CrossRef
How to Cite
P. Sokołowski, “Effect of temperature change on refractive index of an egg white and yolk: a preliminary study”, Photonics Lett. Pol., vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 16–18, Jul. 2022.