Modelling of 3D solar module based on flexible photovoltaic panels
Keywords:solar module, flexible photovoltaic panel, irradiance
AbstractThis paper presents a new concept of a photovoltaic module. The increase in efficiency is obtained by using a three-dimensional form of flexible photovoltaic panels with an additional reflecting mirror. A flexible panel is distributed over the entire inner surface of the cylinder, while the mirror distributes the flux on its surface. The comparison of selected solutions for a mirror shape is realized with numerical simulations. The irradiance results for absorbed flux are discussed on the ground of possible improvements.
Full Text: PDF
- M.Y. Levy, "Maturity of Photovoltaic Solar-Energy Conversion" (InTech 2011). CrossRef
- L. M. Fraas, L.D. Partain, "Solar Cells and Their Applications" (Wiley 2010). CrossRef
- X. Li, P. Li, Z. Wu, D. Luo, H-Y. Yu, Z-H. Lu, "Review and perspective of materials for flexible solar cells", Materials Reports: Energy, 1 (2021). CrossRef
- N. Gakkhar, M.K. Soni, and S. Jakhar, "Experimental and Theoretical Analysis of Hybrid Concentrated Photovoltaic/thermal System Using Parabolic Trough Collector", Appl. Therm. Eng. 171, 115069 (2020). CrossRef
- V. Kumar, R.L. Shrivastava, S.P. Untawale, Fresnel lens: "A promising alternative of reflectors in concentrated solar power", Renew. Sust. Energ. Rev. 44 (2015). CrossRef
- https://lambdares.com/tracepro/ DirectLink
How to Cite
M. Mazur, M. Józwik, K. Malowany, and Łukasz Szeląg, “Modelling of 3D solar module based on flexible photovoltaic panels”, Photonics Lett. Pol., vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 19–21, Jul. 2022.