Optical solitons in presence of higher-order effects
AbstractIn this paper, we seek special soliton solutions of so-called Higher-Order Nonlinear Schroedinger Equation, which describes the propagation of light waves in nonlinear optical media. Using a developed Jacobi elliptic function expansion method described in , we show that in the case of four-order dispersion these traveling wave solutions do not exist. As a byproduct, we regain the results obtained by other authors [8, 9] for the case when only the dispersion to the third order is taken into account.
Full Text: PDF
- C. Long Van, M. Trippenbach, "New Optical Solitary waves in the higher order nonlinear Schroedinger Equation", Scientific Bulletin 126, Technical University of Zielona Gora, Poland 2001, p.19 (Cao Long Van ed.).
- V. Cao Long, H. Nguyen Viet, M. Trippenbach, K. Dinh Xuan,"Propagation Technique for Ultrashort Pulses I", Computational Methods in Science and Technology 14(1), 5 (2008)
- V. Cao Long, H. Nguyen Viet, M. Trippenbach, K. Dinh Xuan,"Propagation Technique for Ultrashort Pulses II ", Computational Methods in Science and Technology 14(1), 13 (2008)
- V. Cao Long, H. Nguyen Viet, M. Trippenbach, K. Dinh Xuan,"Propagation Technique for Ultrashort Pulses III ", Computational Methods in Science and Technology 14(1), 21 (2008)
- C. Long Van, P. P. Goldstein, "A concise Course in nonlinear Partial Differential Equations" (University of Zielona Gora 2008).
- A. V. Buryak and Yu. S. Kivshar,"Solitons due to second harmonic generation", Phys. Lett. A 197, 407 (1995)[CrossRef]
- M. Trippenbach, M. Matuszeski, E. Infreld, Cao Long Van, R. S. Tasgal, J. B. Band,"Enhancement of third harmonic generation by wave vector mismatch to counter phase- modulation ", Optics Comm. 229, 391 (2004)[CrossRef]
- S. A. El-Wakil, M.A. Abdou, A. Elhanbaly,"New solitons and periodic wave solutions for nonlinear evolution equations", Phys. Lett. A 353, 40 (2006)[CrossRef]
- Q. Yang, C.Q. Dai, J. F. Zhang,"Higher-Order Effects Induced Optical Solitons in Fiber", International Journal of Theoretical Physics 44, 1117 (2005)[CrossRef]
How to Cite
T. Bui Dinh, C. L. Van, B. Nguyen Huy, and S. Vu Ngoc, “Optical solitons in presence of higher-order effects”, Photonics Lett. Pol., vol. 2, no. 2, pp. pp. 97–99, Jun. 2010.