Changes of refractive index of tellurite glass
AbstractThe goal of this work was to investigate the influence of rare earth ions such as Tm3+, Yb3+ on physico-chemical properies of tellurite glass from the TeO2-WO3-PbO-PbF2-Na2O system. The thermal characteristic of tellurite glass Tm3+, Yb3+ doped have been presented. The effect of the glass crystallization on thermal stability of the glass and crystallizing phases formed upon heat treatment were investigated by DTA/DSC/, XRD methods. The influence of ions of rare earth elements, i.e. Tm3+ and Yb3+, onto changes of refractive index of tellurite glass were examined.
Full Text: PDF
- L. M. Fortes, L. F. Santos, M. C. Gonçalves, R. M. Almeida, "Preparation and characterization of Er3+-doped TeO2-based oxyhalide glasses ", J. Non-Cryst. Solids 324, 150-158 (2003). [CrossRef]
- J. Wasylak, M.Reben, "A new oxyfluoride tellurite glasses for optoelectronics ", European Glass Technology-European Journal of Glass Science and Technology: Physics and Chemistry of Glasses, 48, 264-250 (2007). [DirectLink]
- T. Kosuge, Y. Benino, V. Dimitrov, R. Sato, T. Komatsu, ""Thermal stability and heat capacity changes at the glass transition in K2O?WO3?TeO2 glasses"", J. Non-CFigt. Solids 242, 154-164 (1998). [CrossRef]
- D.W. Hall, M.A. Newhouse, N.F. Borrelli, W.H. Dumbaugh, D.L. Weidman,?Studies on some Ge---Se---Te glasses", J. Non-Cryst. Solids 103, 179-194 (1988). [CrossRef]
- E.M. Vogel, M.J. Weber, D.M. Krol, "Nonlinear optical phenomena in glass", Phys.Chem. Glasses 32, 231-253 (1991). [DirectLink]
- M. Reben, J. Wasylak, D. Dorosz, "Tellurite glasses for optical fibre fabrication", Proc. of SPIE 7120, (2008). [CrossRef]
- M. Reben, J. Wasylak, P. Wantuch, Polska Konferencja Optyczna PKO 2009.
- F. Urbach, "The long wavenlength of photographic sensitivity and of thr electronic absorption of solids", Phys. Rev. 92, 1324 (1953). [CrossRef]
- D.A.G.Bruggeman, ?Berechnung verschiedener physikalischer konstanten von heterogenen substanzen?, Ann. Phys. (Leipzig) B 24, 636-674. [CrossRef]
How to Cite
M. Reben, J. Wasylak, and J. Jaglarz, “Changes of refractive index of tellurite glass”, Photonics Lett. Pol., vol. 2, no. 1, pp. pp. 13–15, Mar. 2010.