Noncoherent imagery: a novel approach
AbstractWe use an orthonormal expansion for relating the optical transfer function with the expectation values, as defined in quantum physics. A certain set of orthonormal functions is useful for writing the output irradiance distribution as a quasi Gabor expansion of the input irradiance distribution. The coefficients of this later expansion are cross correlations measurements of similarity. We show that the expectation values are related to the cross correlations coefficients by a discrete Fourier transform.
Full text: PDF
- J. Ojeda-Castaneda, R. Ramos, A. Noyola-Isgleas, "High focal depth by apodization and digital restoration", Appl. Opt. 27, 2583 (1988). [CrossRef]
- J. Ojeda-Castaneda, L.R. Berriel-Valdos Ramos, E. Montes, "Ambiguity function as a design tool for high focal depth" Appl. Opt. 27, 790 (1988). [CrossRef]
- E.R. Dowski, Jr., W.T. Cathey, "Extended depth of field through wave-front coding", Appl. Opt. 34, 1859 (1995). [CrossRef]
- W. Chi, N. George, "Electronic imaging using a logarithmic asphere", Opt. Lett. 26, 875 (2001). [CrossRef]
- S. Mezouari and A.A. Harvey, "Phase pupil functions for reduction of defocus and spherical aberrations", Opt. Lett. 28, 771 (2003). [CrossRef]
- A. Sauceda, J. Ojeda-Castaneda, "High focal depth with fractional-power wave fronts", Opt. Lett. 29, 560 (2004). [CrossRef]
- A. Castro, J. Ojeda-Castaneda, "Asymmetric Phase Masks for Extended Depth of Field", Appl. Opt. 43, 3474 (2004). [CrossRef]
- E. Ben-Eliezer, E. Maron, N. Konforti, Z. Zalevsky, "Experimental realization of an imaging system with an extended depth of field", Appl. Opt. 44, 2792 (2005). [CrossRef]
- Y. Takahashi, S. Komatsu, "Optimized free-form phase mask for extension of depth of field in wavefront-coded imaging", Opt. Lett. 33, 1515 (2008). [CrossRef]
- J. Ojeda-Castaneda, J.E.A. Landgrave, C.M. Gómez-Sarabia, "Conjugate phase plate use in analysis of the frequency response of imaging systems designed for extended depth of field" Appl. Opt. 47, E99 (2008). [CrossRef]
- A.A. Sokolov, I.M. Ternov, V.Ch. Zhukovskii, Quantum mechanics (URCC Publishers, Moscow 1994).
- M.J. Bastiaans, Signal and Image Representation in Combined Spaces (Academic Press, 1995).
- A.W. Lohmann, J. Ojeda-Castaneda, "Fresnel similarity", Opt. Comm. 249, 397 (2005). [CrossRef]
How to Cite
J. Ojeda-Castaneda and C. M. Gómez-Sarabia, “Noncoherent imagery: a novel approach”, Photonics Lett. Pol., vol. 2, no. 4, pp. pp. 159–161, Dec. 2010.