Effective state of polarization of photon-beam
AbstractIn the paper a quantum description of an effective state of polarization for an electromagnetic field containing variously polarized photons is presented. The discussion of the problem includes the quantum character of a single photon, comparison with a classical field, matrix description of photon polarization and physical interpretation of the Pauli representation of a density operator that represents photons in a statistical ensemble.
Full text: PDF
- R.J. Glauber, Quantum Theory of Optical Coherence (Wiley-VCH 2007).
- C.C. Gerry, P.L. Knight, Introductory Quantum Optics (Cambrige Univeristy Press 2005)
- R.J. Glauber, New Techn. Ideas Quant. Measur. Theory 480, 336 (1986).
- L. Michalik, J. Jasinski, P.L. Makowski, A.W. Domanski,"Problem of degree of polarization for photons", Proc. SPIE 7745, 77450K (2010). [CrossRef]
- T. Tudor, A. Gheondea, "Pauli algebraic forms of normal and nonnormal operators", Jour. Opt. Soc. Am. A 24, 204 (2007). [CrossRef]
How to Cite
Łukasz Michalik and A. Domański, “Effective state of polarization of photon-beam”, Photonics Lett. Pol., vol. 3, no. 1, pp. pp. 41–43, Mar. 2011.