Analysis of optical properties of InGaSb PIN photdiodes
AbstractThis paper represents the optical characteristics of InGaSb PIN photodiodes, grown on metamorphic layers of InGaSb, through the modeling of responsivity, quantum efficiency and detectivity. The modeling is based on the wavelength dependent models of absorption coefficient and reflectivity. Theoretical results are fitted with experimental data obtained for these photodiodes. The cut-off wavelength is found to be 2271nm, which is within ?5nm of the experimentally obtained data. The detectivity of the photodiodes is found to be 1.5(?0.1)×109cmHz1/2W-1 and quantum efficiency 28?3% through the analysis. Such modeling can be used to optimize the detection performance of InGaSb PIN photodiodes.
Full Text: PDF
- P.S. Dutta, H.L. Bhat, V. Kumar, "The physics and technology of gallium antimonide: An emerging optoelectronic material ", J. Appl. Phys. 81, 5821 (1997).[CrossRef]
- F.M. Mohammedy, M.J. Deen, "Growth and fabrication issues of GaSb-based detectors", J. Mater. Sci.: Mater Electron. 20, 1039 (2009). [CrossRef]
- F.M. Mohammedy, O. Hulko, B.J. Robinson, D.A. Thompson, M.J. Deen, "Effect of growth temperature on InGaSb metamorphic layers and the fabrication of InGaSb p-i-n diodes", J. Vac. Sci. Technol. 26(2) 636 (2008).[CrossRef]
- J.A. González-Cuevas, T.F. Refaat, M.N. Abedin, H.E. Elsayed-Ali, "Modeling of the temperature-dependent spectral response of In1??Ga?Sb infrared photodetectors", Opt. Eng. 45(4) 044001 (2006).[CrossRef]
- M. Tanzid, F.M. Mohammedy, "Analysis of zero-bias resistance area product for InGaSb PIN Photodiodes", Proc. of ICECE, 419 (2010).[CrossRef]
- Y. Tian, T. Zhou, B. Zhang, Y. Jin, H. Jiang, "Analysis of the R0A product and detectivity in a GaInAsSb infrared photovoltaic detector ", J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 31, 3291 (1998).[CrossRef]
- M. Tanzid, F.M. Mohammedy, Proc. of OSA-IEEE-COS Topical Meeting on Advances in Optoelectronics and Micro/nano-optics, (2010).
- F.M. Mohammedy, M.J. Deen, D.A. Thompson, "Extraction of Electron and Hole Ionization Coefficients From Metamorphically Grown InGaSb Diodes", IEEE Tran. Elec. Devices 56(3), 523 (2009).[CrossRef]
How to Cite
M. Tanzid and F. M. Mohammedy, “Analysis of optical properties of InGaSb PIN photdiodes”, Photonics Lett. Pol., vol. 3, no. 2, pp. pp. 58–60, Jun. 2011.