Comparison of spectra of materials measured by Time Domain and Fourier Transform Spectroscopy in Terahertz range
AbstractAbsorption spectra in THz range of commonly used explosive materials - Hexogen, Penthrite, Octogen and Sugar are presented. Explosives were prepared as pellets, where Teflon was applied as a matrix material. The measurements were carried out by means of Time Domain Spectroscopy and compared to spectra obtained by Fourier Transform Spectroscopy. Good conformity is observed. We also present spectra of cotton and paper as well as RDX hidden under cotton.
Full Text: PDF
- L.Yun-Shik, Principles of Terahertz Science and Technology, (Springer 2008)
- J. Chen, Y. Chen, H. Zhao, G. Bastiaans, X.-C. Zhang, "Absorption coefficients of selected explosives and related compounds in the range of 0.1-2.8 THz", Opt. Express 15, 12060 (2007).[CrossRef]
- M.R. Leahy-Hoppa, M.J. Fitch, X. Zheng, L.M. Hayden, R. Osiander, "Wideband terahertz spectroscopy of explosives ", Chemical Physics Letters 434, 227 (2007).[CrossRef]
- D. J. Cook, B. K. Decker, M.G. Allen, Optical Terahertz Science and Technology (Orlando 2005).
- D. J. Cook, M. G. Allen, B. K Decker, R.T. Wainner, J.M. Hensley, H.S. Kindle, Joint 30th International Conference on Infrared and Millimiter Waves and 13ht International Conference on Terahertz Electronics, Williamsburg, VA, 19-23 September (2005).
How to Cite
Palka, N., Szustakowski, M., Trzciński, T., & Mozdzonek, M. (2011). Comparison of spectra of materials measured by Time Domain and Fourier Transform Spectroscopy in Terahertz range. Photonics Letters of Poland, 3(2), pp. 76–78. https://doi.org/10.4302/photon. lett. pl.v3i2.207