Surface layers analysis of bronze artifacts by means of laser spectroscopy techniques
AbstractAdvantages of the complementary use of spectroscopic techniques are exemplified by the analysis of a historical bronze mortar from XV c. performed as part of the running collection conservation project by the National Museum in Gdansk. The bulk material and surface layers are analyzed by means of the XRF and µ-Raman techniques. Quasi-nondestructive LIP (Laser Induced Plasma) spectroscopy delivers additional data on the elemental composition and is applied also for stratigraphic sampling across the surface layers.
Full Text: PDF
- A. Iwulska, I. Traczyńska, R. Jendrzejewski, M. Sawczak, G. Śliwiński, A. Kriegseisen, Laser in the Conservation of Artworks VIII, (CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 2010)
- M. Sawczak, A. Kamińska, G. Rabczuk, R. Jendrzejewski, G. Śliwiński, "Complementary use of the Raman and XRF techniques for non-destructive analysis of historical paint layers", Appl. Surf. Sci. 255, 5542 (2009)[CrossRef]
- V. Desnica, K. Skaric, D. Jembrich-Simbuerger, S. Fazinic, M. Jaksic, M. Pavlinic, I. Peranic, M. Schreiner, "Portable XRF as a valuable device for preliminary in situ pigment investigation of wooden inventory in the Trski Vrh Church in Croatia", Appl. Phys. A 92, 19, (2008)[CrossRef]
- R. Cesareo, "Portable energy-dispersive X-ray fuorescence equipment for the analysis of cultural heritage", J. Phys., 76, 313, (2011).[CrossRef]
- Ł. Ciupiński, E. Fortuna, H. Garbacz, A. Koss, K.J. Kurzydłowski, J. Marczak, J. Mróz, T. Onyszczuk, A. Rycak, A. Sarzyński, W.Skrzeczanowski, M.Strzelec, A. Zatorska, G.Z. Żukowska, "Comparative Laser Spectroscopy Diagnostics for Ancient Metallic Artefacts Exposed to Environmental Pollution", Sensors 10, 4926-4949, (2010)[CrossRef]
- H. Garbacz, E. Fortuna, Ł. Ciupiński, K.J. Kurzydłowski, A. Koss, J. Mróz, A. Zatorska, K. Chmielewski, J.Marczak, M.Strzelec, A. Rycak, W. Skrzeczanowski, Laser in the Conservation of Artworks VIII, (CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 2010)
How to Cite
I. Żmuda-Trzebiatowska and G. Śliwiński, “Surface layers analysis of bronze artifacts by means of laser spectroscopy techniques”, Photonics Lett. Pol., vol. 3, no. 2, pp. pp. 79–81, Jun. 2011.