Detection of THz nanosecond pulses by fast Hot Electron Bolometer
AbstractDetection of about 20 ns pulses by fast and sensitive NbN-based Hot Electron Bolometer is reported. The pulses were generated by an Optical Parametric Oscillator operating in non-collinear, intersecting cavity configuration. We present details of the oscillator and bolometer as well as a measurement setup. Linearity of the system was measured and agrees well with theoretical considerations.
Full Text: PDF
- L. Yun-Shik, Principles of Terahertz Science and Technology (Springer, 2008).
- E.F. Plinski, Bull. Pol. Ac.: Tech. 58, 463 (2010). DirectLink
- Firefly-THz User Manual (M Squared Lasers Ltd, 2011).
- A. Sato et al., "Tabletop terahertz-wave parametric generator using a compact, diode-pumped Nd:YAG laser", Rev. Sci. Instrum. 72, 3501 (2001). CrossRef
- N. Palka et al., Proc. of MIKON 2012, 265 (2012).
- Scontel, Superconducting Nanotechnology, HEB User Manual.
- A.D. Semenov et al., "Design and performance of the lattice-cooled hot-electron terahertz mixer", J.App. Phys. 88, 1 (2000).CrossRef
How to Cite
Palka, N., Zagrajek, P., Czerwinski, A., Trzcinski, T., Rurka, E., Szustakowski, M., & Sypek, M. (2012). Detection of THz nanosecond pulses by fast Hot Electron Bolometer. Photonics Letters of Poland, 4(3), pp. 106–108. https://doi.org/10.4302/photon. lett. pl.v4i3.330