Green upconversion emission in tellurite optical fibre codoped with Yb3+/Er3+
AbstractIn the paper the spectroscopic properties of Yb3+/Er3+ codoped tellurite glass has been investigated. Upconversion luminescence at 525 nm, 546 nm, 651 nm corresponding to the Er3+: 2H11/2 -> 4I15/2, 4S3/2 -> 4I15/2, 4F9/2 -> 4I15/2 transitions, respectively was obtained as a result of energy transfer between Yb3+ and Er3+ ions. Developed tellurite glass characterized by highest intensity of upconversion luminescence (0.5mol% Yb(2O3/0.1mol% Er2O3) was used as core of optical fiber. The amplified spontaneous emission in the fabricated optical fiber resulting from the optical transition in the structure of erbium was observed.
Full Text: PDF
- J. Zhang, S. Dai, G. Wang, L. Zhang, H. Sun, L. Hu., "Investigation on upconversion luminescence in Er3+/Yb3+ codoped tellurite glasses and fibers", Physics Letters A 345, 409?414 (2005). CrossRef
- D. Lande, S.S. Orlov, A. Akella, L. Hesselink, R. R. Neurgaonkar, "Digital holographic storage system incorporating optical fixing", Optics Letters, Vol. 22, Issue 22, 1722-1724 (1997). CrossRef
- T. Yamashita, Y. Ohishi, "Spectroscopic properties of Tb3+-Yb3+-codoped borosilicate glasses for green lasers and amplifiers", Proc. SPIE 6389, 638912 (2006). CrossRef
- Y.H. Li, G.Y. Hong, Y.M. Zhang, Y.M. Yu, "Red and green upconversion luminescence of Gd2O3:Er3+, Yb3+ nanoparticles", J. Alloys Compd. 456, 247-450 (2008). CrossRef
- J. S. Wang, E. M. Vogel, E. Snitzer, "Tellurite glass: a new candidate for fiber devices", Opt. Mater. 3, 187-203 (1994). CrossRef
- J. Dorosz, "Optical Fibers Technology", Ceramics vol. 86 (2005)
How to Cite
M. Kochanowicz, W. Mazerski, J. Żmojda, K. Czajkowski, and D. Dorosz, “Green upconversion emission in tellurite optical fibre codoped with Yb3+/Er3+”, Photonics Lett. Pol., vol. 5, no. 1, pp. pp. 35–37, Mar. 2013.