Solid-state seeded nano-second pulse CO2 oscillator for extreme ultraviolet lithography
AbstractThis Letter describes in some detail a novel, solid-state seeded, nano-second pulse, multi-line CO2 oscillator designed and built for the extreme ultraviolet (EUV) laser-produced-plasma (LPP) source. The oscillator employed quantum cascade laser (QCL) seeders, a spectral beam combiner and a diffusion-cooled, radio-frequency-discharge excited, slab-waveguide CO2 amplifier in a multi-pass and compact regenerative amplifier configuration. The output spectrum consisted of individually controlled laser lines of 0001-1000 band of a CO2 molecule, P18, P20 and P22 with a target 4-line operation (P18-P24). The resistance to self-seeding of more than 40dB and to the parasitic back-seeding of more than 55dB was realized. The oscillator produced up to 20W of average output power at repetition rate of 100kHz in a near-diffraction limited beam of M2 lower than 1.3 and RMS pointing stability below 50 microradians.
Full Text: PDF
- V. Bakshi, "EUV lithography", vol. 178 (SPIE Press, 2009).
- T. Ohta, K. M. Nowak, T. Suganuma, H. Kameda, M. Moriya, T. Yokoduka, Y. Kawasuji, J. Fujimoto, and H. Mizoguchi, "Development of the reliable high power pulsed carbon dioxide laser system for LPP EUV light source", Proc. SPIE 8322, 832220 (2012) CrossRef
- D. C. Brandt, I. V. Fomenkov, M. J. Lercel, B. M. La Fontaine, D. W. Myers, D. J. Brown, et al. "Laser produced plasma EUV sources for device development and HVM", Proc. SPIE 8322, 832246 (2012) CrossRef
- K. M. Nowak, T. Ohta, T. Suganuma, J. Fujimoto, H. Mizoguchi, and A. Sumitani, "CO2 laser drives extreme ultraviolet nano-lithography ? second life of mature laser technology", Opto-Electronics Review 21, 52 (2013). DirectLink
- K. M. Nowak, T. Ohta, T. Suganuma, J. Fujimoto, and H. Mizoguchi, "Multiline short-pulse solid-state seeded carbon dioxide laser for extreme ultraviolet employing multipass radio frequency excited slab amplifier", Opt. Lett. 38, 881 (2013). CrossRef
- K. M. Nowak, T. Ohta, T. Suganuma, T. Yokotsuka, J. Fujimoto, H. Mizoguchi, and A. Endo, "Spectral characteristics of quantum-cascade laser operating at 10.6 ?m wavelength for a seed application in laser-produced-plasma extreme UV source", Opt. Lett. 37, 4765 (2012). CrossRef
- K. M. Nowak, T. Ohta, T. Suganuma, T. Yokotsuka, J. Fujimoto, and H. Mizoguchi, "Wavefront measurement of single-mode quantum cascade laser beam for seed application in laser-produced plasma extreme ultraviolet system", Opt. Lett. 37, 4886 (2012). CrossRef
How to Cite
Nowak, K. M. (2013). Solid-state seeded nano-second pulse CO2 oscillator for extreme ultraviolet lithography. Photonics Letters of Poland, 5(3), pp. 97–99. https://doi.org/10.4302/photon. lett. pl.v5i3.419