On the mobility-lifetime products in photorefractive GaAs-AlGaAs quantum wells structures determined by moving grating technique measurements
AbstractThe method to determine mobility-lifetime products of photoexcited electrons and holes in semi-insulating GaAs-AlGaAs quantum wells structures is proposed. The method is based on measurements of a photoconductivity and optical investigations of a photorefractive material response in wave-mixing setup using the running grating technique.
Full Text: PDF
- L. Solymar, D.J. Webb, A. Grunnet-Jepsen, The physics and applications of photorefractive materials (Clarendon Press: Oxford 1996).
- D.D. Nolte, M.R. Melloch, Photorefractive effects and Materials, ed. by D.D.Nolte (Kluwer, Dordrecht, 1995).
- S. Balasubramanian, I. Lahiri, Y. Ding, M.R. Melloch, D.D. Nolte, "Two-wave-mixing dynamics and nonlinear hot-electron transport in transverse-geometry photorefractive quantum wells studied by moving gratings", Appl. Phys. B 68, 863 (1999). CrossRef
- M Wichtowski, "Wave mixing analysis in photorefractive quantum wells in the Franz–Keldysh geometry under a moving grating", Appl. Phys. B 115, 505 (2014). CrossRef
- Q. Wang, R.M. Brubaker, D.D. Nolte, "Photorefractive phase shift induced by hot-electron transport: multiple-quantum-well structures", J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 9, 1773 (1994). CrossRef
- M. Shur GaAs devices and circuits (Springer, New York, 1989).
- D.D. Nolte, "Semi-insulating semiconductor heterostructures: Optoelectronic properties and applications", J. Appl. Phys. 85, 6259 (1999). CrossRef
- G.C. Valley, H. Rajbenbach, H.J. von Bardeleben, "Mobility?lifetime product of photoexcited electrons in GaAs", Appl. Phys. Lett. 56, 364 (1989). CrossRef
- A. Ziółkowski, "Temporal analysis of solitons in photorefractive semiconductors", J. Opt. 14, 035202 (2012). CrossRef
How to Cite
M. Wichtowski, E. Weinert-Rączka, E. Miśkiewicz, and A. Branecka, “On the mobility-lifetime products in photorefractive GaAs-AlGaAs quantum wells structures determined by moving grating technique measurements”, Photonics Lett. Pol., vol. 6, no. 4, pp. pp. 145–147, Dec. 2014.