Dynamics of a two-level atom in a double perpendicular cavity
AbstractWe propose a variation of the Jaynes-Cummings Model (JCM), which consists of a Two-Level Atom (TLA) within a cross cavity configuration. This new geometry is a suitable tool to understand the origin of new QED features that the original JCM does not reveal, showing revivals in cases where they are not expected to appear.
Full Text: PDF
- E.T. Jaynes, F.W. Cummings, "Comparison of quantum and semiclassical radiation theories with application to the beam maser", Proc. IEEE 51, 1 (1963). CrossRef
- M. Wilkens, P. Meystre, "Nonlinear atomic homodyne detection: A technique to detect macroscopic superpositions in a micromaser", Phys. Rev. A 43, 7 (1991). CrossRef
- I.V. Jyotsna, G.S. Agarwal, "The Jaynes-Cummings model with continuous external pumping", Opt. Commun. 99, 344 (1993). CrossRef
- M.S. Abdalla, M. Abdel-Aty, A.-S.F. Obada, "Quantum entropy of isotropic coupled oscillators interacting with a single atom", Opt. Comm. 211, 225 (2001). CrossRef
- M.A. Marchiolli, R.J. Missori, "Qualitative aspects of entanglement in the Jaynes?Cummings model with an external quantum field", J. Phys. A: Math. Gen. 36, 49 (2003). CrossRef
- J.C. García-Melgarejo, Ph.D. Thesis. INAOE (2015).
- J.R. Ackerhalt, K. Rzazewski, "Heisenberg-picture operator perturbation theory", Phys. Rev. A 12, 6 (1975) CrossRef
- J.H. Eberly, N.B. Narozhny, J.J. Sanchez-Mondragon, "Periodic Spontaneous Collapse and Revival in a Simple Quantum Model", Phys. Rev. Lett. 44, 20 (1980). CrossRef
- N.B. Narozhny, J.J. Sanchez-Mondragon, J.H. Eberly, "Coherence versus incoherence: Collapse and revival in a simple quantum model", Phys. Rev. A 23, 1 (1981). CrossRef
- L. Allen, J.H. Eberly, Optical resonance and two-level atoms (New York, Wiley 1975).
- A. Joshi, R.R. Puri, "Effects of the Binomial Field Distribution on Collapse and Revival Phenomena in the Jaynes-Cummings Model", J. Modern Optics 34, 11 (1987). CrossRef
How to Cite
J. C. Garcia-Melgarejo, N. Lozano-Crisostomo, P. Rodriguez-Montero, and J. J. Sanchez-Mondragon, “Dynamics of a two-level atom in a double perpendicular cavity”, Photon.Lett.PL, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. pp. 35–37, Jul. 2015.