Measurement of Second Harmonic Distortion of the Detected Signal in an IM-DD Fiber Optic Link when the input IM is second harmonic contaminated
AbstractIn this letter, we have measured second harmonic distortion of the detected optical signal in an IM-DD fiber optic link when the input intensity modulation RF signal contains a small amount of second harmonic distortion. The plot of output vs. input second harmonic distortion is linear. The output second harmonic distortion is smaller than the input second harmonic distortion. This is due to the existence of a small negative slope in the modulation response of the FP laser diode over the 100MHz÷200MHz frequency band.
Full Text: PDF
- G. Qazi, A.K. Sharma, H.N. Shah, M.-u.-din, "Performance investigation on harmonic distortion and inter-modulation distortion induced degradation for a single- and two-tone IM-DD SCM optical link", Optik 125, 2148 (2014). CrossRef
- G. Qazi, A.K. Sharma, H.N. Shah, M.-u.-din, "Investigation on inter-modulation products (IMPs) for IM-DD SCM optical links", Optik 125, 1629 (2014). CrossRef
- G. Qazi, A.K. Sharma, H.N. Shah, M.-u.-din, "Performance investigation on clipping and RIN induced degradation for a single- and two-tone IM-DD SCM optical link", Optics Comm. 319, 178 (2014). CrossRef
- V. Sharma, "Simulative investigation of nonlinear distortion in single- and two-tone RoF systems using direct- and external-modulation techniques", Optik 121, 1545 (2010). CrossRef
- J.H. Schaffner,W.B. Bridges, "Intermodulation distortion in high dynamic range microwave fiber-optic links with linearized modulators", J. Lightwave Techn. 11, 3 (1993). CrossRef
- L. Roselli,V. Borgioni, F. Zepparelli, M. Ambrosi, M. Comez, P. Faccin, A. Casini, "Analog laser predistortion for multiservice radio-over-fiber systems", J. Lightwave Techn. 21, 1211 (2003). CrossRef
- A.J. Rainal, "Limiting distortion of CATV lasers", J. Lightwave Techn. 14, 474 (1996). CrossRef
How to Cite
C. Ghosh and T. Chattopadhyay, “Measurement of Second Harmonic Distortion of the Detected Signal in an IM-DD Fiber Optic Link when the input IM is second harmonic contaminated”, Photonics Lett. Pol., vol. 7, no. 3, pp. pp. 84–86, Sep. 2015.