Optical limiting efficiency of an electroactive bis-iminopyridine ligand and its zinc complex
AbstractAn electroactive based bis-iminopyridine ligand has been synthesized by a condensation reaction between (4-(6,7-dimethyldithio-tetrathiafulvalene)-aniline) with 2,6-diformylpyridine. The complexation of this ligand with ZnCl2 afforded a tetrahedral neutral Zinc metal complex. Nonlinear optical measurements of these structures have given good results in picosecond regime. The nonlinear absorption of the ligand was significantly enhanced upon complexation with ZnCl2. This prompted us to conduct the experiment of optical limiting at wavelength 532nm. The nonlinear absorption properties of these structures were studied and compared to the reference material C60.
Full Text: PDF
- V. Rosso, J. Loicp, Y. Renotte, Y. Lion, "Optical non-linearity in Disperse Red 1 dye-doped sol?gel", J. Non-Crystalline Solids 342 (1-3), 140 (2004). CrossRef
- L. Jiang, Q. Chang, Q.Y. Ouyang, H.B. Liu, Y.X. Wang, X.R. Zhang, et al., "Fabrication and nonlinear optical properties of an ultrathin film with acceptor?donor periodically overlapping structure", Chemical Phys, 324(2-3), 556 (2006). CrossRef
- B. Sahraoui, X. Nguyen Phu, M. Sallé, A. Gorgues, "Electronic and nuclear contributions to the third-order nonlinear optical susceptibilities of new p-N, N?-dimethylaniline tetrathiafulvalene derivatives", Opt. Lett. 23(23), 1811 (1998). CrossRef
- A. Apostoluk, D. Chapron, C. Fiorini-Debuisschert, G. Gadret, J.-M. Nunzi, P. Raimond, B. Sahraoui, "Quasi-phase-matched gratings printed by all-optical poling in polymer films", Opt. Lett. 27(22), 2028 (2002). CrossRef
- Ts. Kolev, I.V. Kityk, J. Ebothe, B. Sahraoui, "Intrinsic hyperpolarizability of 3-dicyanomethylene-5,5-dimethyl-1-[2-(4-hydroxyphenyl)ethenyl]-cyclohexene nanocrystallites incorporated into the photopolymer matrices", Chem. Phys. Lett. 443(4-6), 309 (2007). CrossRef
- K. Iliopoulos, A. El-Ghayoury, B. Derkowska, A. Ranganathan, P. Batail, D. Gindre, B. Sahraoui, "Effect of the counter cation on the third order nonlinearity in anionic Au dithiolene complexes", Appl.Phys. Lett. 101, 261105 (2012). CrossRef
- K. Iliopoulos, A. El-Ghayoury, H. El Ouazzani, M. Pranaitis, E. Belhadj, E. Ripaud, M. Mazari, M. Sallé, D. Gindre, B. Sahraoui, "Nonlinear absorption reversing between an electroactive ligand and its metal complexes", Opt. Expr. 20, 25311 (2012). CrossRef
- H. El Ouazzani, K. Iliopoulos, M. Pranaitis, O. Krupka, V. Smokal, A. Kolendo, B. Sahraoui, "Second- and Third-Order Nonlinearities of Novel Push?Pull Azobenzene Polymers", J. Phys. Chem. B 115, 1944 (2011). CrossRef
- F. Kajar, J. M. Nunzi, Functional Organic and Polymeric Materials (John Wiley and Sons Ltd., New York, 2000).
- K. Iliopoulos, I. Guezguez, A.P. Kerasidou, A. El-Ghayoury, D. Branzea, G. Nita, N. Avarvari, H. Belmabrouk, S. Couris, B. Sahraoui, "Effect of metal cation complexation on the nonlinear optical response of an electroactive bisiminopyridine ligand", Dyes and Pigments 101, 229 (2014). CrossRef
- G. Nita, D. Branzea, F. Pop, A. El-Ghayoury, N. Avarvari, "Electroactive Bisiminopyridine Ligands: Synthesis and Complexation Studies", Crystals 2, 338 (2012). CrossRef
- E. Coronado, J.R. Galán-Mascarós, C.J. Gómez-García, V. Laukhin, "Coexistence of ferromagnetism and metallic conductivity in a molecule-based layered compound", Nature 408, 447 (2000). CrossRef
- M. Nihei, N. Takahashi, H. Nishikawa, H. Oshio, "Spin-crossover behavior and electrical conduction property in iron(II) complexes with tetrathiafulvalene moieties", Dalton Trans 40, 2154 (2011). CrossRef
- G.J.P. Britovsek, V.C. Gibson, B.S. Kimberley, P.J. Maddox, S.J. McTavish, G.A. Solan, et al., "Novel olefin polymerization catalysts based on iron and cobalt", Chem. Commun. 7, 849 (1998). CrossRef
- B.L. Small, M. Brookhart, A.M.A. Bennett, "Highly Active Iron and Cobalt Catalysts for the Polymerization of Ethylene", J. Am. Chem. Soc. 120, 4049 (1998). CrossRef
- K. Iliopoulos, S. Couris, U. Hartnagel, A. Hirsch, "Nonlinear optical response of water soluble C70 dendrimers", Chem. Phys. Lett. 448, 243 (2007). CrossRef
- N. Liaros, K. Iliopoulos, M.M. Stylianakis, E. Koudoumas, S. Couris, "Optical limiting action of few layered graphene oxide dispersed in different solvents", Opt. Mat. 36, 112 (2014). CrossRef
How to Cite
M. Hjiri, “Optical limiting efficiency of an electroactive bis-iminopyridine ligand and its zinc complex”, Photonics Lett. Pol., vol. 8, no. 1, pp. pp. 5–7, Mar. 2016.