Influence of nitrogen on CO-laser characteristics
AbstractThe role of the addition of nitrogen to the discharge plasma of CO lasers on plasma-chemical processes is discussed here. It is shown that nitrogen addition improves laser characteristics and changes the composition of the laser active medium. A reduction of CO highly-excited vibrational-states populations with current is smaller in the case of mixtures with nitrogen additions. The addition of nitrogen significantly decreases CO dissociation level and concentrations of C atoms created in plasma-chemical reactions of laser discharge.
Full Text: PDF
- G.M. Grigorian and I.V. Kochetov, "Balance of CO molecules in the plasma of a sealed-off CO laser", Plasma Phys. Rep. 30, 788 (2004). CrossRef
- V.S. Aleinikov and V.I. Masychev, CO Lasers (Moscow, Radio i Svyaz' 1990).
- A. Cenian, A. Chernukho, V. Borodin and G.Śliwiński, "Modeling of Plasma-Chemical Reactions in Gas Mixture of CO2 Lasers I. Gas Decomposition in Pure CO2 Glow Discharge", Contr. Plasma Phys. 34, 25 (1994). CrossRef
- A. Cenian, A. Chernukho, V. Borodin, "Modeling of Plasma-Chemical Reactions in Gas Mixture of CO2 lasers. II. Theoretical Model and its Verification", Contrib. Plasma Phys. 35, 273 (1995). CrossRef
- A. Cenian, A. Chernukho, P. Kukiełło, R. Zaremba, V. Borodin and G. Śliwiński, "Improvement of self-regeneration of gas mixtures in a convection-cooled 1.2 kW laser", J.Phys. D: Appl.Phys. 30, 1103 (1997). CrossRef
- E.A. Trubacheev, Trudy FIAN 102, 3 (1977).
- G.M. Grigorian, B.M. Dymshits and Yu.Z. Ionikh, "Influence of oxygen on the parameters of the active medium in an electric-discharge CO laser", Sov J Quant Electron 19, 889 (1989). CrossRef
- V.N. Ochkin, S.Yu. Savinov, N.N. Sobolev and E.A. Trubacheev, Kvant. Elektr. 1, 573 (1974).
How to Cite
G. M. Grigorian and A. Cenian, “Influence of nitrogen on CO-laser characteristics”, Photonics Lett. Pol., vol. 9, no. 2, pp. pp. 69–71, Jul. 2017.